- About Us
- News & Media
- Boating Education
- Boating Safety
- Contact Us
- Find a Unit
In a boating emergency
Radio for help on
Channel 16 on VHF
(distress and calling channel)
Channel 88 (27.880 MHz)
on a 27 MHz radio
Call MRNSW on
|Weather Warnings for New South Wales / Australian Capital Territory - marine areas. Issued by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology|
|Current weather warnings for New South Wales / Australian Capital Territory, Australia including strong wind, gale, storm force and hurricane force wind warnings; tsunami; damaging waves; abnormally high tides; and tropical cyclones.|
All of our prices are in Australian dollars (AUD) and include GST (Goods and services tax) where applicable as of 1 July 2010.
Product prices are regularly updated when price changes are received from our suppliers.
Shipping and Delivery Policy
We deliver products Australia wide using TNT and Australia Post. Shipping costs are influenced by the size and weight of the product and your location, exact shipping costs are calculated in the shopping cart and will be added to the order total before checkout.
Orders are dispatched within 5 business days and shipping times are estimated at between 3-7 business days depending on your location within Australia.
Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW ships goods Australia wide and internationally.
Course delivery is per the course description.
Customer Service Policy
Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality products and training. We endeavour to make sure that all products listed and courses on our website are currently in stock or available and pricing is true and correct. Standard delivery timeframes for products are between 3-10 business days; in the event that an ordered item is not available or we are unable to fulfil your order we will notify you within 5 business days to arrange an agreeable alternative item, a backorder or a full refund.
Please choose carefully.
We do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision. You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are faulty, have been wrongly described, are different to the product purchased on the website or doesn’t perform as advertised.
1. Cancellation policies for specific courses may apply to override this general policy, where special arrangements for the conduct of some courses involve significant advance commitments by Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW.
2. Enrolment is accepted on the basis that Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW will not be held liable for costs incurred due to course cancellation or rescheduling. Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW will use all endeavours to give as early advice as possible of any course changes, and the above cancellation conditions will not apply where the Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW cancels any training course.
3. We may provide you with a refund under the following conditions:
• You have paid a deposit and then withdraw from the course more than 1 week prior to the commencement of the course. In this case, a fee equal to 10% of the course cost will be retained by us to cover administrative costs. The remainder will be returned to you.
• You have paid a deposit and then withdraw from the course less than 1 week prior to the commencement of the course. In this case, a fee equal to 50% of the course cost will be retained by us to cover administrative costs. The remainder will be returned to you.
• You commence a course and withdraw during the course. We may agree to negotiate a proportional refund in exceptional circumstances. However, we reserve the right to refuse a refund in this situation.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have completed and paid for the course a refund will not be considered.
We thank you for deciding to donate to Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW. As your donation is being made online without our assistance/involvement we ask that you complete your details and the amount of your donation carefully as it involves a substantial amount of administrative time to deal with and rectify any errors.
Errors in Amount Pledged
Any tax receipt issued for the incorrect amount immediately becomes void and invalid, and a new tax receipt will be issued for the amount of the corrected donation.
Change of Heart on Donation
Please note: refunds of the amount pledged to be donated will not automatically be made simply because you have changed your mind. It is for this reason that we ask that you make your choice to donate carefully. Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW is under no obligation to give a refund if an error has been made on your part, but will endeavour to ensure that any genuine errors (such as to the amount donated) are rectified.
Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW , which is a non profit organisation, reserves the right to deduct any bank or transaction charges for any refund processed onto the donor. Should an error be detected and a request for refund be made after 60 days have expired, Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW regrets that it is unable to refund any monies.
Errors by Us
Of course, should an error be made by Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW or its financial institution(s), full refunds will be made immediately upon notification of the error and all costs borne by Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW .
Whenever you use our web site, or any other web site, the computer on which the web pages are stored (the Web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your Internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its "IP address," and is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site. From a computer's IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer, but otherwise it is anonymous.
When purchasing from Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 128-bit SSL encryption is the current industry standard.